5 1/2 tablespoon grapeseed oil
1/3 cocoa butter
Cocoa butter is the fat surrounding the cocoa bean. which chocolate is made from, thick and solid at room temperature. Cocoa butter is excellent for dry, and mature skin.
1 cup grated beeswax
Beeswax provides a thickness in all skin care products. You can find this in lip balm to body butters, creams, salves, and lotions. Be sure that the beeswax you buy is pure and refined. Your beeswax should be golden to green in color not white.
2/3 cup of rosewater
1/3 cup of aloe vera gel
4 drops geranium
4 drops frankincense
2 drops of Australian sandalwood
1. In a double boiler over very low heat, combine grape seed oil, Cocoa butter, and grated beeswax. ( If you don’t have a double boiler, then put water into the pot and place a bowl on top). Heat enough to melt the solid oils together. Stir well then set it aside once finish let it cool to room temperature. This will take 1-2 hours. option 1 melt oils and waxes the night before and then let them sit overnight. option 2 If pressed for time you can hurry the process. Place the cooling mixture in the refrigerator. Remember keep an eye on it so it doesn’t get too cold. It needs to be at room temperature.
2. Combine rose water, aloe vera gel, and essential oils in glass measuring cup. Whisk together. then set aside.
3. When oil mixture has cooled to room temperature pour it into a blender. Be sure the lid is on time is on tight and secure, and then turn on the blender and its highest speed. Slowly drizzle water mixture into the center vortex of the whirling oil mixture. Be sure to be steady and slow.
4. Listen to the blender and watch the cream. When the blender coughs and chokes, it will start to look thick and white, turn off the blender. If there is water remaining in the glass measuring cup, you can slowly try to add a little more. Beat by hand with a spoon, don’t over beat the cream; it will thicken as it sets.
5. Package your cream in clean, dry glass jar.
This cream will last for 6-9 months if stored in a cool location; it does not need refrigeration.
* Caution: Contamination problem if you use a container. Be sure to remove the inner cardboard ring in the lid. It’s a perfect place for bacteria. Make sure the container you use is washed and thoroughly dried before you fill with cream.
The benefits of this cream is amazing!!! unlike other creams you get from your local stores that only gets only to the surface of your skin. This homemade cream will actually penetrate your epidermal layer. While hydrating and moisturizing the dermal layer of your skin . The water elements like the rose water and the aloe vera gel serves to moisturize the skin cells. The oils seal in moisture which protects the skin barrier. If you want to place this on your face, place small amount on your fingers. Then massage gentle when applying onto your face. You can be generous with the amount for the rest of your body. There will be a temporary feeling of oiliness that will disappear within a few minutes. Then will start to absorb into your skin.
If you like this post let me know if you tried and like it this recipe. More post like this will be coming up. Subscribe below to recieve email updates.